Are you always spending your time on the phone? Can’t you wait to reply to a message as soon as you see it? My friend, you are a phone addict. Whether you want to read the latest news and affairs or watch a video, you are always on your phone. So, how much time do you think you spend on your smartphone? Despite showcasing all the negative impacts of your phones, recent statistics show a significant increase in its usage. Most of the users spend up to 12 to 14 hours daily on their smartphone. This indicates that there would be a lot of mental health and productivity issues with these users.
Editor’s Pick: Smartphone Usage Data Statistics
- Over 3 billion people across the world are using smartphones.
- More than about 5 billion people use mobile phones, and nearly half of them use smartphones.
- People spend about 3 hours and 15 minutes on their phones every day.
- Millennials spend about 5.7 hours on their phones every day.
- People who use smartphones check their smartphones about 58 times in a day.
Important statistics on smartphones
Having a smartphone is not a luxury; it has become a necessity. However, people tend to forget that these smartphones were not a luxury back in the 90s. Still, lives survived at that time! Here are some essential statistics you must know about smartphones:
- A report reveals that it has taken about 3.5 years for smartphone companies to reach nearly 4 billion people worldwide. The number subsequently grew to about 5 billion within just another half a year.
- According to a report of 2018, it states about 1.46 billion smartphones were created globally.
- Predictions say that smartphones will be supplied worldwide to about 1.5 billion units in the year 2022.
- The number of phones sold to users across the globe in the year 2020 surpassed about 1.56 billion.
- According to a report, 61 percent of people worldwide will penetrate internet perception by 2025.
These are some important figures that you must know to understand if you are a phone addict or not. It’s time for you to get rid of this addiction now! Otherwise, that time will never come in your life when you face the impacts of it.
Read our other article on The epidemic of smartphone addiction
Check out our other blog posts here.